Yves, student of Nergui

Tumee's guesthouse is close to ours. But it is unmarked. H. points it out and I walk on over. I had heard from a Swiss cyclist that a French couple was here and knew about shamans.

Yves and Silvie are at home. I take off my riding boots and Silvie serves me tea. We talk shamanism. In 1992, Yves saw a documentary on TV 5 in France, the subject of which was Nergui. That program motivated Yves, an orthopedist to study with Nergui every two years for over a decade. This would be his last time. It is becoming too touristy.

Yves speaks of feeling Nergui's energy. It is difficult for me to imagine what this means. So I say to Yves: Let me feel your energy.

He has me lay down on the bed. He hovers his right hand a short distance above my torso, all the while staring blankly out the window. He cradles my head in his hands. I feel absolutely nothing. His verdict: On my right side below my ribcage my energy is blocked. Likewise for the left side on the back of my head. Ten years ago, he says, I was angry. But he cannot say why. Apparently, Yves felt my energy. But I didn't feel his.

No comments:

Post a Comment