Two to Tsaagannuur

From R town to Tsaagannuur we follow the power lines
We don't depart until 3:30 pm. We buy a few provisions, cookies, raisins, peanuts, and saddle up the horses. E is trying to find transport back to Moron. Now it is just M and me. We mount the horses, Batmong rolls up my deel and hands it to me. I drape it over the metal horn and we ride out of R town towards Tsaagannuur.

M and I disagree on the route. Like everything else he has said, he has told me more than once that he can read a map and use a compass. I had taken a bearing on the mountain peak used by locals as the direction to Tsaagannuur. 300 degrees. But M does not want to go by the compass. He wants to follow the telephone poles. So we do.

It is another beautiful, sunny day. Our two horses are slow at first, but then they seem to pick up the pace when we are on a road.

At 7 pm we stop at the ger of Tomor and Otgon. 24 km shy of Tsaagannuur. We have come only about 16 km today. But it is a good start, and a good ger. Within moments of entering we are invited to spend the night. We accept and eat a meal of bread and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment