Horse Selling

I tried to find buyers for two horses today. The family two houses down is interested. They feed me in their home. Bread, yoghurt, cream and sugar and blackberries. Then they spend the afternoon fixing the blinker on the Toyota. Once that is finished, we sit in the shade of the house and drink vodka. I join in. T. is a shaman. Later M will tell me what E had told him. T told E that his wife left him for another man and that he has a small son. Both are true. T asks me how old I am. Can't he divine it? E tells me to give him 10,000 tg to go play poker. I comply. I won't see that money again.

Neither will he. E is blind drunk. He spent the money on vodka. He has been drinking all day. He lapses into a monologue. TJ, I know, horse going, this one, say no boyfriend, very angry. I know, maybe, I don't know maybe night time he KZZZ (throat cutting gesture). Maybe. I don't know. Bumba, my friend, I know, 10,000 one horse. I don't know, maybe 10 days 200,000. Bumba very angry. TJ, he whispers in my ear, you want fucking mongolian girl? He calls on his cell. Someone has been calling me and texting me in mongolian. TJ, now my child starting school, very big problem. 800,000 tg. You know? I called company boss, please my freind coming, this time, one month, my brother in UB calling you working, my mother, very high, I think, very high, she (slap gesture) yes, you know? Big problem, need maybe one million, children school.

No comments:

Post a Comment