Change Horses

I rode M's horse today. She was initially troublesome crossing the river, but we soon got acquainted. She kicks, so I had to be careful walking behind her. But that's the way it is with all horses. You have to be careful. Approach her quickly from the left so she does not have time to turn her rear to you. That works.
As we came over the hill we got a grand view of the mountains covered in snow. I took out my camera, donned my camera harness and hoped that I would not have problems with this horse. It is problematic carrying a full sized camera on a horse. Especially if it rains. But luckily it didn't.

I galloped just a bit with this horse, but that is scary with the camera. So I trotted and practiced posting, taking the bump out of the ride. This horse is not so uncontrollable as M has said. Once, though, she started to take off on a run, and I had to rein her in. That is basically it. Take control of your horse.

The reason I changed horses was because once we are back in R town we must decide which horses to sell and which to keep. E and Bumba will return to Moron. M and I will continue with one horse each. No pack horse, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment