French in R town

Back in R town we go for food. We pop into one restaurant, which is associated with White House guest house. My guys go looking for a button for M's deel, so I stay with the French to learn of their travels. One of the women runs an equestrian center in southern France and she has brought a few of her students with her equitrekking in Mongolia.

They had gone to the eastern camp of the Tsaatan, east of Tsaagannuur. But no shaman were to be found. Their horses are nearly western size and look in marvelous condition. We ask their guide how that can be. He suggests that we re-stake the horse at 5 am. or so to give the horse more grass to eat. These horses are only used for this trek and had the opportunity to fatten up for a few months before.

I ask the French about shamanism and their thoughts about it. L, one of the equstrian students, confides in me that she indeed does believe some people have the ability to divine the future, to know things about you without you telling them. We exchange email and I tell her I will let her know how my shaman quest goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment