High Hopes for Nergui

Yves feels the woman's energy
Tumee said she wanted to talk to me about tourism, so I am back at her guesthouse. She has two large rooms in the guesthouse, which in the winter is her family home. Now she lives in a one room log cabin adjacent. Yves and Silvie are in one room of the guesthouse, but now I find myself in the other half, talking to two cyclists: J and C. Both have been touring the planet for the past year. They will join us tonight for Nergui's song and dance. The fact that Yves has been studying with him lends a dollop of credibility to the occasion. J points out the route they took north: Arbulag, Bayanzurkh, Emt, Toom, Ulaan-uul. He recommends I take this route south on my horse.

We pack the russian transport. Yves and Silvie, J and C, H, M and me. Tumee joins us to translate. Nergui squishes in with us and we close the door and drive off to his home. But first a detour.

We stop at another log cabin where his students have gathered. They pay $3,500 for a course that is possible to complete in six days. Here, Nergui plays his Jew's harp, Yves hovers his hand over the back of a couple students, they thank him with a small ceremony, and we head to Nergui's log cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment