Renchilkhumbe

Making camp fire is a challenge I want to prove myself equal to. It ain't always easy, especially in the wind. This morning the dinner pot was soaking 200 meters distant near the pool of water where I left it upon washing up last night. So I had to get it, wash it, bring it back and make the fire before someone else beat me to it. You can't very well make the fire first if you don't have a pot to boil on it, because by the time you go get the pot, the fire may go out. But it is not so windy this morning and breakfast is soon ready.

A gorgeous day, sunny and warm. I had left camp prepared for a downpour, rain pants, jacket and knit cap. But by 2 pm. I had shed those items. To our backs was a beautiful view of the jagged peaks of the mountain range.
 
I am beat. We stay in White House guest house in Renchilkhumbe. Somehow I hurt the back of my right hand. It has begun to swell. Maybe from tugging on the reins.

Tonight's dinner: horhog. A man comes by with a sheep and butchers it. Heat stones in a pressure cooker then add the meat and cook for about 40 minutes. It is rather fatty meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment