An Extra Day in the Ger

Last night Tomor said that we would ride to R town together today. He has some work to do for ten days. That is what I understand. But I haven't a clue what he will be doing. Now the family is all together, girls chatting happily, what looks like school work is laid on the floor. One girl rests her head on the knee of another. Milk heats on the stove. I awoke this morning to the sound of one daughter scraping last night's dinner pot.

Tomor has been waiting for his friend to ride in from R town. It is now 3 pm and no sign of him on the horizon. So what shall I do: leave on my own or wait until tomorrow? Will I offend Tomor if I leave today and ride without him? Will I offend him by hanging around another day?

I would like to video a meal in the ger, the preparation, the eating, the cleaning up. They are heating up the noodles from this morning, cutting slices of bread. Not much to video there.

The girls got a kick out of the flapping bird I showed them how to make with origami.

No comments:

Post a Comment